10 Minute Spaghetti Recipe
- Tomato sauce
- Grana Padano cheese (Order Here!)
- Extra virgin olive oil and fresh garlic.
- Dried oregano, salt and pepper.
- Cook spaghetti: Fill large Dutch oven or pot with cold water 3/4 full and bring to a boil. After that, add 2 table spoon of salt and spaghetti. Separate pasta with tongs a few times during first 2 minutes of cooking to ensure it does not stick. Keep cooking uncovered for 5 more minutes or until al dente, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta: Taste spaghetti for doneness towards the end by grabbing one strand onto a plate with tongs. Do not overcook until too soft. The key to tasty pasta is firm cooked pasta. Drain in a colander.
- Cook garlic: Return pot to medium heat and add olive oil, 4 garlic cloves and oregano. Cook for 20 seconds, stirring constantly. Garlic cooks fast, so don’t walk away and not burn. Turn off the heat.
- Add drained pasta: Now add drained pasta, tomato sauce, remaining 1/2 tsp salt, pepper and 1 more fresh garlic clove and grate it with grana padano cheese. Stir gently until warmed through. That 1 clove of fresh garlic at the end is a must!