Tiramisu made with Mascarpone Cheese
Mascarpone custard layered with whipped cream and rum and coffee soaked ladyfingers.
- Preperatory Time: 35 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- Additional: 4 Hour 15 Minutes
- Total: 5 Hours
- Number of Servings: 12
- 6 egg yolks
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mascarpone Cheese (Order Here!)
- ¼ cup strong brewed coffee, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ladyfinger cookies
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until well blended. Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Boil gently for 1 minute, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Cover tightly and chill in refrigerator 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream with vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk mascarpone into yolk mixture until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine coffee and rum. Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise and drizzle with coffee mixture.
- Arrange half of soaked ladyfingers in bottom of a 7x11 inch dish. Spread half of mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers, then half of whipped cream over that. Repeat layers and sprinkle with cocoa. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours, until set.
- Now, Tiramisu is ready to be served!
- Protein: 6.6g
- Carbohydrates: 22.7g
- Fat: 30.5g
- Cholesterol: 215.7mg
- Vitamin A Iu: 1128.1IU
- Vitamin B6: 0.1mg
- Vitamin C: 0.2mg
- Calcium: 104.1mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Magnesium: 7.7mg
- Potassium: 73.6mg
- Sodium: 60mg
Credit: Tiramisu Recipe